A family run, packaging company based in Northamptonshire. Their turnover is £3m and they have 8 full time office staff plus warehouse operatives and drivers. They are an ambitious company with big plans for achieving sustainable growth.
Although they had a team member with responsibility for marketing, the client identified that they needed a more strategic approach to marketing to support with growth targets and to maintain consistency within the brand. They required a sales and marketing plan which held people accountable and helped to ensure everybody was aware of the steps needed to deliver success.
They enlisted the ongoing support of Rachel Allen Marketing through the Marketing Services Package – one day per week with the objective of streamlining current processes, identifying opportunities for growth and overseeing the delivery of the marketing plan.
Following a six month programme, the client now has in place:
- A targeted sales and marketing plan with clear delivery dates and action owners for all projects.
- A complete view of all marketing spend, with time and costs allocated against each project.
- Brand guidelines to ensure consistency of brand across all marketing materials.
- A process for monitoring marketing effectiveness through a dashboard, collating all relevant statistics in one place.
- A launch plan for new products, with a simple, step-by-step process that the in-house team can deliver easily if needed.
- An approach to following up sales leads created from marketing activities, providing a structure for any of the team to follow.
- A design resource ‘in house’ to now provide marketing materials in a cost-effective way.
In addition, the client has enlisted support in recruiting new team members, providing structure to board meetings and creating processes and documentation for key functions and provided training where needed.
Founder of niche beauty product, appeared on Dragons’ Den in 2015
PGW Global Risk Management
Sales Director for ongoing client
The Salt Cave MK